Monday 11 November 2013

Reasons for picking the Horror genre 11th Nov

Readers,

The reason I picked the genre of horror for my opening 2 minutes of my film, was that my school is a very large stately house with its own rumors and scary stories. We have (as we call it) a great hall and a large organ at one end. In this area there hangs several pictures of the past owners of the house. One of the pictures is of Lady Holford she was rumored to have hung herself from the organ, that is why there is a hole in it (at the top). Apparently every Halloween she is meant to come out of her portrait and swoop around all the dorms and go in to do this: "Over the first bed, under the second and kill the third" This is totally not true. I have been here on several Halloweens and nothing has ever happened to the third person. Even though I did use to choose the first or second bed just in case... The other stories are that if you stand in front of her portrait and stair into her eyes that her left hand disappears. And the final story is that her and her husbands eyes follow you around the room. The first is a trick of the eyes and the last is the way a picture was painted like the Monor Lisa. When I was first told about this I was so eager to try it out and indeed it does work. There are many more stories about how in the basement staff see on regular basis servants wearing old fashioned clothing walking through walls or disappearing into thin air. Ever since I arrived at this school I have always been interested by the supernatural and horror, that is why I though a horror genre would be ideal for my movie. 

This is my original idea for the whole plot of my film (if I were to film more than the first 2 minutes).


This is my mind map of what could be put into my 2 minute opening: locations around the school, characters, times of day to film and also the plot and how certain characters would act.


No comments:

Post a Comment